Friday, June 15, 2007

Movie #176 - Ratatouille

Title: Ratatouille

Director: Brad Bird

Release Year: 2007

Plot Summary: A young rat living within the walls of a famous Paris bistro wishes to become a chef, but is hindered by his family's skepticism and the rat-despising staff and patrons.

Thoughts: Well in my book Cars was a nigh-impossible act to follow. With that mindset, I definitely don't think Ratatouille exceeded it in any way - but it's yet another amazing addition to the perfect streak that Pixar has kept going, if you ask me. ~grin~

My favorite character by far isn't Remy the rat, but rather Linguini the hapless kitchen boy. He's a clumsy, rather bumbling, hopeless case, even though he gains some confidence throughout the film... but it's starting to become pretty rare to find a well-done "loveable loser" character, and I'm all about that!

I think one of the things I like best about Ratatouille is the fact that the ending isn't your traditional idyllic "everything magically works out" variety. Instead it's more of a "this is what really probably would happen if a rat was running a fancy French kitchen" - but still everything ends up working out for the best. =)

Recommendations: Pixar hits another one out of the park. Fun for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home